SERVANT OF THE LAW.
Steve Cain leads a life committed to service above self. Steve’s life-long commitment to faith, family, and community guides him in his roles as advocate and judge. And now, with the belief that judges should be servants of the law, Steve is running for Ozaukee County Circuit Court Judge.
“First, a judge must be, above all else, a servant of the law – and not an enforcer of his personal predilections.”
– U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, 2007
Champion the principle of separation of powers, wherein the legislature makes the law, the executive branch executes the law, and the courts interpret the law. Jurists must remain “servants of the law.”
Hold offenders accountable, including those who contribute to or commit violent crime, those who introduce controlled substances into our communities and those who harm our children.
Promote purposeful cooperation among victims, litigants, lawyers, and fellow court officials to ensure the most efficient delivery of justice.
Collaborate with Ozaukee County school districts and community-based outreach services to reduce truancy and other school based violations.
TREATMENT & CARE
Work with all interested parties to find the appropriate balance between treatment and care and holding offenders accountable.
Servant of the Law
- Municipal Judge, Mid-Moraine Municipal Court (Ozaukee and Washington Counties) (2009-present)
- Partner, Stippich, Selin & Cain in Cedarburg (2009-present)
- Partner, Houseman & Feind in Grafton (1999-2009)
- Member, Ozaukee County Criminal Justice Collaborating Council
- Chairman and Founder, Truancy Collaborating Committee
- Member and Past President, Wisconsin Municipal Judges Association
- Moderator, Victim Impact Panel
- Special Investigator, Wisconsin Supreme Court Office of Lawyer Regulation
- Former Member, State Bar of Wisconsin Fee Arbitration Panel
- Member and Past President, Cedarburg-Grafton Rotary Club
- Member, Legacy Society of the Greater Cedarburg Foundation
- Member, St. Francis Borgia Catholic Church in Cedarburg
- Coach, Cedarburg High School Mock Trial Team
- Member, Ozaukee Fish and Game
- Member, Cedarburg Art Museum
- Supporter, Boy Scout Troop 830
- Former Board Member, Ozaukee Volunteer Center
- Former Board Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ozaukee County
- Former Advisory Board Member, Starting Point Ozaukee
- Former Coach, Port Washington High School Mock Trial Team
- Former Den Leader and Cubmaster, Cub Scout Pack 3803 (Westlawn/First Immanuel Lutheran)